Name DNA Validation®
Quantitative Name DNA Validation® for Company Naming
and Product Naming
Our proprietary brand name research methodology utilizes the classical measures, plus our proprietary algorithm
- Emotional Bonding Power - When naming a business or developing a product name, are you connecting with your target market? Are you measuring the name's emotional bonding power?
- Memorability - Brand name research shows memorability is the true litmus test of exceptional names. Can your target market recall the new product name after seeing it just once?
- Latent Association - What negative and positive associations exist with your new corporate name or product name? What barriers have to be overcome with negative latent associations? How does sound symbolism or phonosemantics (the meaning of sounds) affect the evaluation of a name's latent association?
- Fit to Concept - Which brand name candidate best positions your company, product or service offering?
- Pronunciation - Brand name research reveals what should be common sense: If your target market can't pronounce the brand name, they won't ask for it. Can you quantify your product name pronouncability?
- Sound Symbolism - Does the product name sound right to your target customers? If you're naming a business, does the name sound powerful and established?
- And much more...
Measuring Human Emotions
Name DNA Validation® is a proprietary research methodology we created that quantitatively measures your target market's acceptance of selected brand name candidates. Name DNA Validation® is distinguished from other brand name research methodologies in that it pinpoints the emotional bonding power of your company name or product name with the target market.
The Latest Available Brand Name Research Techniques
We know that phonology — the way a name sounds — always trumps semantics — what a name means. That's why our advanced methodologies measure the correct pronunciation incidence for your brand name. This is a critical measure for naming a business, and is also important for product naming.
Normative Data Comparisons
Our proprietary Name DNA Validation® testing compares results to normative data. What better way to ensure that your company name or product name passes the test and is durable and elastic across time, cultures and categories.