April 29, 2006
Links Du Jour - Wii Brand Name Edition
Nintendo's choice of "Wii" for the brand name of their next gaming console, which I wrote about yesterday, is being talked about all over the web. Here are some of the opinions I found to be of interest:
- Duality: Why you should all stop hating Wii - Argues that Wii's logo implies inclusion and that it's all part of Nintendo's current marketing strategy.
- Kotaku: Nintendo Gauging Wii Love? - Apparently, Nintendo had a marketing firm gauge people's opinions of the Wii brand name.
- MobileMag: Yes Wii can, says Nintendo - Nintendo is pushing the idea of the Wii name being all about inclusiveness, for gamers and non-gamers.
- Entropy Ink: Wii...What? - The author says to those who plan to show their displeasure with the brand name by refusing to buy it, "I'll see you in line with me the first day it releases."
- CAD Media: Oh the puns be a flyin' - Quotes from Nintendo's official announcement of the name.
TrackBack URL for this entry: